[asterisk-users] What t38pt_udptl is ? Explain T.38 in 1.4

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 20:48:18 CST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to improve my understanding of T.38.

I recommend you try out Asterisk 1.6 if you want to play with T.38.
I DID get asterisk-1.4 working with fax, but I was having a lot of
issues with faxes dropping in weird ways. All of those issues went
away when I upgraded to 1.6. Don't waste your time like I did.

app_fax in asterisk-1.6 is very, very nice and worked great for me. It
works with traditional analog fax as well as T.38. I have to say I'm
impressed and grateful for all who contributed to this.
asterisk-1.6 also has a better SIP stack and other improvements.

Rather than trying to get 1.4 working with this, I strongly recommend
reading the directions at:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20T.38
to build asterisk-1.6 with app_fax support