[asterisk-users] extensions ending with "#"...

Benoit maverick at maverick.eu.org
Thu Feb 5 10:38:45 CST 2009

flux at hotbox.ru a écrit :
> Hi everyone!
>
> I've set up asterisk ip-pbx to implement IVR menu and encountered such a
> problem: when users dial the destinaion phone number and end it up with
> "#" asterisk still waits until timeout in WaitExten() is reached.

Well i don't see anything in the doc implying that the pound key should
terminate the WaitExten timeout,
however this is the case for Read() but it's not the same use
> // Here comes the context where user is prompted for a dest. number:
> context ivr-dialout {
>      s => {
> 	Background(enter-your-dest-number);
>          WaitExten(15);
>      };
>
>      _X. => {
>          Dial(SIP/${EXTEN});
>          Hangup;
>      };
>
> How should I avoid this behavior and force asterisk not to wait for 15
> seconds everytime and proceed dialing immediatly after pound key is
> pressed? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Maybe a extension pattern like that:
        _X.# =>
This would help asterisk know that they he has a full extension match
when reach the pound sign

Or use Read() instead
> Thank you.

Your welcome