[asterisk-users] extensions ending with "#"...

flux at hotbox.ru flux at hotbox.ru
Thu Feb 5 04:46:34 CST 2009

Hi everyone!

I've set up asterisk ip-pbx to implement IVR menu and encountered such a
problem: when users dial the destinaion phone number and end it up with
"#" asterisk still waits until timeout in WaitExten() is reached.

// Here comes the context where user is prompted for a dest. number:
context ivr-dialout {
     s => {
	Background(enter-your-dest-number);
         WaitExten(15);
     };

     _X. => {
         Dial(SIP/${EXTEN});
         Hangup;
     };

How should I avoid this behavior and force asterisk not to wait for 15
seconds everytime and proceed dialing immediatly after pound key is
pressed? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.