[asterisk-users] Call parking

Jeremy G. Gault jeremy.gault at winworld.com
Wed Feb 4 09:53:24 CST 2009

All,

Quick question that hopefully someone out there will know the answer to...

We were previously running Asterisk 1.4.(something) (I forget which one) on
Debian.  Due to an office move, I am temporarily routing our calls through
an Ubuntu box that I have.  It runs Asterisk 1.4.17-dfsg-2ubuntu1
(basically, what came with Ubuntu.)

Here's the problem I am having: We are using Polycom 500's and 501's..
previously (on the Debian system), to park a call, we could transfer it to
extension 7000 (we use 4-digit extensions.)  Asterisk would read back the
parking space number, then we complete the transfer.  No problem.

On this new system, Asterisk is not reading back the number.  Instead, it
simply starts playing hold music.  If you complete the transfer, a "show
parkedcalls" will show the call as parked (and you can retrieve it.)
However, my users have no way of knowing where their calls are being parked.

Anyone have any idea as to why it would stop reading back the parking
location?  I do have the digit sounds installed (in several formats, also.)
No luck there.  It's almost as if Asterisk is seeing it as a blind transfer
instead of a supervised one.  Oh, and I can set up a code for it in
features.conf and dial that while on the phone (I set the feature code to
*8) .. when I do that, it will read back the location and park the call.
However, that feature doesn't seem to work for me for all calls (such as
calls coming in via a queue, etc.)

I'm sure it's something simple, but I've been pulling my hair out searching
for anyone else having this problem and haven't had any luck.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

     Jeremy

--
Jeremy G. Gault, KD4NED