[asterisk-users] "No Reply to Our Critical Packet" SIP Calls Dropped in Voicemail

Mark Wiater Mark.Wiater at greybeam.com
Tue Feb 3 13:24:42 CST 2009

Lincoln King-Cliby wrote:
> [...]

Wouldn't this suggest that either Asterisk couldn't open the port,
or opened it and then closed it? Or I suppose that perhaps the phone
and asterisk didn't negotiate the port properly?

Does your packet capture show that the phone is consistently using
the correct port to communicate with the * server? There's no change
or anything, right? You don't happen to have a corresponding sip
debug to this wireshark capture do you? You might be able to
correlate info from the two.

In your original post, I thought I read that you could reproduce
this issue by increasing load on the asterisk server.  What does the
caller experience in the first 20 seconds when a call to voicemail
is going to fail? Just ringing?

Any chance there's anything in Asterisk's or the OSes logs about
some failure of the network stack? What OS is this?

Mark