[asterisk-users] "No Reply to Our Critical Packet" SIP Calls Dropped in Voicemail

Wilton Helm whelm at compuserve.com
Tue Feb 3 12:38:43 CST 2009

I'm not familiar with packets specific to Asterisk, but do have some familiarity with general Ethernet traffic.  The Host unreachable messages you are getting is from the protocol stack in the Linux computer, and generally means the traffic is being sent to a port that is not open--i.e. no program in the computer has requested that port to be used for listening.  In this case the most likely scenario is the SIP phone has been given the wrong port for * or * is not running.

It is possible there is a firewall or other security issue.  I'm not as familiar with that.

Wilton