[asterisk-users] dialstatus through a call file

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Tue Feb 3 02:35:01 CST 2009

3 feb 2009 kl. 04.33 skrev Ex Vito:

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Pascal Bruno <tipascal at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Is it possible to retrieve the DIALSTATUS variable when placing
>> call through
>> a call file.  This variable is set when using the Dial()
>> application from
>> the dialplan, but I am using a call file for my current application
>> and need
>> to get the dialstatus.
>
>  Your call file will initiate actions defined in the dialplan and
> certainly after
>  the triggered Dial the DIALSTATUS will be available to the dialplan.
>
>  Now the question is: "where" do you want to retreive the DIALSTATUS
> to ?
>
>  If back to the OS environment (a file ?) you will need to have your
> dialplan
>  do it for you, maybe via System(echo ${DIALSTATUS} > /tmp/file) or
> something...
>  (NOTE: i'm not sure of the syntax of the application... check it
> with "core show
>  application System" on the CLI)

A call file can either direct a call to an application or to a
specific extension.
Instead of sending the call to Dial, create an extension where you grab
the dialstatus after the call and store it away somewhere for the
application
to retrieve.

Or convert your app to AMI and you will get it all.

/O