[asterisk-users] Which policy for ISDN BRI support in NT/PtMP ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Tue Feb 3 00:39:26 CST 2009

2009/2/3 Ex Vito <ex.vitorino at gmail.com>

>  (my 2c, Portugal Based)
>
>  - Most really small installations are PtMP (that's the "default" you
> get when ordering a BRI)
>  - You also get 3 MSNs and an NT.
>  - You can order a TA instead of the NT.
>  - You can order PTP + optional DDIs in blocks of 10, but you need to
> be explicit.
>  - Larger installations go PTP (up to 4/5 BRIs... from there up, a
> PRI is cost effective which,
>    as far as I've managed to get from the local telcos, can only be
> ordered with 15 channels
>    or more)
>
>  My experience points to 60/40 in PtMP / PTP installations.
>
>  While I understand Tzafrir's question (why go PtMP from Asterisk to
> PBX), I think Olivier's
>  statement is very valuable: because going NT PtMP allows you
> insert/remove Asterisk
>  between PSTN and legacy PBX without any reconfiguration (beyond
> physical cables!).
>
>  Cheers,

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us .

I was beginning to wonder if I was living on the same planet as others, as
PtMP seems to be the norm in France.
Great to know that those observing that PtMP is more widely used that PtP in
BRI world, are saying it here.

If others agreeing or disagreeing could join, that would be even better !