[asterisk-users] Which policy for ISDN BRI support in NT/PtMP ?

Ex Vito ex.vitorino at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 21:02:51 CST 2009

  (my 2c, Portugal Based)

  - Most really small installations are PtMP (that's the "default" you
get when ordering a BRI)
  - You also get 3 MSNs and an NT.
  - You can order a TA instead of the NT.
  - You can order PTP + optional DDIs in blocks of 10, but you need to
be explicit.
  - Larger installations go PTP (up to 4/5 BRIs... from there up, a
PRI is cost effective which,
    as far as I've managed to get from the local telcos, can only be
ordered with 15 channels
    or more)

  My experience points to 60/40 in PtMP / PTP installations.

  While I understand Tzafrir's question (why go PtMP from Asterisk to
PBX), I think Olivier's
  statement is very valuable: because going NT PtMP allows you
insert/remove Asterisk
  between PSTN and legacy PBX without any reconfiguration (beyond
physical cables!).

  Cheers,
--
  exvito