[asterisk-users] Quiet 24 port POE gig switch

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Mon Feb 2 12:35:19 CST 2009

> How are you getting these 80 or 120mm fans in a 1U chassis? Remember you
> got barely 45mm to play
> with at the back and front of the switch. How are you going to mount a
> 80mm or 120mm fan on there? Are you assuming that the units mounted
> above (or below) your switch is a short 1U? You can't assume that...

I guess one shouldn't assume as a rule, but...

If I were concerned about noise, it would be because I am positioning
this near people, and not in a densely-packed rack. Thus I would be OK
eliminating the 1U constraint. I think these tend to be distinct
deployment scenarios.

And thinking about that, do PoE switches tend to be deployed near
people? You tell me.

I'd like to find a quiet 24-port PoE switch - even at 100 Mb.