[asterisk-users] Trunk with Polocom Video Conferencing Unit

Daniel Harper daniel at harper.net.nz
Sun Feb 1 22:02:08 CST 2009

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem we have at one of
our sites.

We have setup a Asterisk Trunk to a Avaya PBX, ie ...

       Avaya <-> Asterisk (1.2.30) <-> External ISDN Network

BUT They also have a Polycom VSX 7000 that with some sort of BRI
converters that plugs into the Avaya.

The Trunk is working well except for Video Conference Calls. The
Polocom can receive but not make calls, and the calls that it receives
drop out every 5 minutes.

Short of telling them to fork out for a BRI service does anyone have
any ideas how to rectify the drop-outs? Would 1.4 help? Is there a way
to plug the Polycom into the Asterisk server directly?

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
Cheers,

Daniel