[asterisk-users] cheap ip phone with auto-answer

Leif Neland leifn at neland.dk
Wed Dec 30 03:51:59 CST 2009

Tim Nelson skrev:
> ----- "Leif Neland" <leifn at neland.dk> wrote:
>
>> I want some cheap ip-phones with auto-answer, to work as paging system
>>
>> at dinnertime.
>> Options, please.
>>
>> Leif
>>

> I've had great luck using the BT201 phones from Grandstream for this purpose. In fact, this is the only situation where I still use Grandstream handsets. They support "auto answer" as well as "auto answer by call info" which allows you to auto answer based upon the SIP header in case you don't want *ALL* calls to be auto answered.

I've ordered a couple of BT200, with two ethernet ports, so I don't need
a hub on the single ethernet jack.

It seems the older BT100 does not have the "auto answer by call info"
with the latest *1.0.8.33*; can it use the firmware for BT20x, 1.2.2.19
<http://www.grandstream.com/DOWNLOAD/FIRMWARE/BT200_GXP/Release_BT200_GXP_1.2.2.19.zip>
?
Or is there "hacked" versions available?

Leif