[asterisk-users] ReceiveFAX G.711 + Realtime

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Dec 29 10:01:14 CST 2009

Cyprus VoIP wrote:

> Now, referring to the error above, I see (in voip-info.org) that
> t38passthrough is an R/O variable and not an R/W, but in any case, I got
> 0 as a result, so it should have been OK, and it's not, as ReceiveFAX
> still sends a T.38 reINVITE. If I can't modify it, what should I do?

There is no method currently available in Asterisk to do what you want;
if the SIP endpoint that the channel is connected to is configured to
support T.38, it will be used. The only suggestion I can offer to is ask
someone to enhance app_fax to allow T.38 usage to be disabled via an
argument to the application; that should be fairly easy to do. If you
are using Fax For Asterisk, you'd need to contact Digium's support
department and have them enter a feature request for this to be added.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com