[asterisk-users] ReceiveFAX G.711 + Realtime

Cyprus VoIP voipcy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 09:57:57 CST 2009

> Now, referring to the error above, I see (in voip-info.org) that
> t38passthrough is an R/O variable and not an R/W, but in any case, I got
> 0 as a result, so it should have been OK, and it's not, as ReceiveFAX
> still sends a T.38 reINVITE. If I can't modify it, what should I do?
For the testing, I set the peer's t38pt_udptl to no and on the
originating gateway, left only aLaw enabled. If/when I set it back to
yes, it sent the reINVITE, so I don't have a solution for that yet.

> Also, since the rtpdest includes also the port, how do I check in the
> GotoIf if the value "contains" that IP and not equal to it (which it
> can't be)? It seems that this will always return 0:
> $[${CHANNEL(rtpdest)}=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

I changed the GotoIf command to
$[${CHANNEL(rtpdest):0:14}=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx]?5:T38,1 as I don't care about
the length of the other originating IP addresses (the specific one I
check is always 14 chars long), and now it stays in in aLaw context, but
now I get this error:

app_fax.c:292 fax_generator_generate: Only generating 240 samples, where
320 requested

I see that in app_fax.c MAX_SAMPLES is set to 240 and it doesn't seem to
accept config file values. I reduced the packet length from 40ms (320
samples) to 20ms (160 samples) for G.711 codecs and it solved this
problem. Does this mean that Asterisk supports maximum 30ms packets in
G.711 Fax?

Thanks.