[asterisk-users] Newbie Looking For Login/Password

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri Dec 25 17:00:10 CST 2009

UIT DEVELOPMENT wrote:
> Sorry for such a silly question but I am VERY new to Linux, Asterisk,
> and so forth.  I just downloaded and burned the AsteriskNOW  ISO to CD
> and installed it.  Everything went great.  I removed the CD and
> rebooted and there is a prompt for me to login.
>
> I hate to ask but after searching for a few hours, what on earth is
> the initial login and the password?!?
Wasn't this supplied by you on install?

I have no experience with this product, and two Google searches give
somewhat different answers.
If you log in through freepbx, then the answer is here:

http://www.asterisk.org/AsteriskNOW-1.5-QuickStart

Console Login as user root uses the password supplied by you when you
did the initial install.

Best of luck

Find the PDF book Asterisk the Future of Telephony, free for downloading
for help with configuration. Though it doesn't address your specific
product, there are many good concepts there.

John Novack

>   And, please, where is this
> information so that I may read further about the installation and so
> forth.
>
> Thank you so much!
>
> Mike

Dog is my co-pilot