[asterisk-users] state_interface how to

Robert Broyles bahjons at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 14:31:56 CST 2009

Can anyone point me to a working how to on state_interface?

I found this little example:
http://www.freepbx.org/v2/ticket/3496

But it didn't work with the backport on v1.4.x, so I have v1.6.2 installed
on my test box, and it's still not working.

Are there any special settings that need to be set for this to work?

queues.conf:
[test]
ringinuse=no
eventmemberstatus=yes
eventwhencalled=yes
member => Local/1050 at internal/n,0,,SIP/1000

sip.conf:
[1000]
type=friend
context=phones
host=dynamic
secret=cAu19lap
canreinvite=no
allow=all
nat=yes
expire=120
callcounter=5

extensions.conf:
[phones]                ; IP SIP Phones, allows them to call local agents.
include => internal

[internal]
exten => 1050,1,Dial(SIP/1000)

Queue always shows the agent has 'Not in Use' ...
testbox*CLI> queue show
test         has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy (0s holdtime,
0s talktime), W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
   Members:
      Local/1050 at internal/n (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
   No Callers

Any ideas?