[asterisk-users] Inquiry:Connect my Asterisk to external sip?

hadi motamedi motamedi24 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 06:55:56 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 10:22 AM, David Cunningham <
dcunningham at voisonics.com> wrote:

> Hadi,
>
> You could use Asterisk as a sip server, it's installable on Windows.
>
> Using "sip set debug on" might help you with the "Host '192.168.0.139' does
> not implement 'REGISTER'" problem.
>

> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM, hadi motamedi <motamedi24 at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> to an external sip server for voip routing . Please be informed that my
>>> Asterisk sip is at @192.168.0.2 and the external sip is at @
>>> 192.168.0.139 . To this end , I modified my sip.conf & extensions.conf
>>> as the followings :

>>> What is the other server?

>>> server . It is a sip server inside a softswitch from a third party vendor .
>>> As the external sip server man is asking me to disable for the
>>> authentication at the first stage , can you please let me know how can I
>>> disable for the authentication at this stage (when the calls get through I
>>> will enable it again) ?
>>> >

>>> [general]
>>> ;register => toronto:welcome at osaka
>>>
>>> [osaka]
>>> type=friend
>>> ;username=toronto
>>> ;authname=toronto
>>> ;secret=welcome
>>> context=osaka_incoming
>>> host=192.168.0.139
>>> disallow=all
>>> allow=alaw
>>>

>>>  ---fred
>>> http://qxork.com

>> Thank you for your reply . Please be informed that I want to simulate this
>> case in the Laboratory , i.e. connecting my Asterisk sip to external sip
>> server with the guidelines you sent me . Can you please propose for an Voip
>> application sw that I can install on my MS Windows client and plays the
>> external sip server side role ? It seems that Skype is not suitable for this
>> case as it cannot be configured to play the role of external sip server .
>> Thank you in advance

> --
> David Cunningham
> Voisonics
> IVR development, VOIP consultancy
> http://voisonics.com/
> US toll-free: +1 888 842 2720
> UK: +44 (0) 20 3411 5024
> Australia: +61 (0) 2 9037 2180

I downloaded & installed the AsteriskWin32 PBX but it doesn't have sip
server functionality . Can you please propose for an alternative to be used
on the MS Windows client as external sip server for my Asterisk on CentOS ?
Thank you