[asterisk-users] Inquiry:Connect my Asterisk to external sip?

hadi motamedi motamedi24 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 06:42:27 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 10:22 AM, David Cunningham <
dcunningham at voisonics.com> wrote:

> Hadi,
>
> You could use Asterisk as a sip server, it's installable on Windows.
>
> Using "sip set debug on" might help you with the "Host '192.168.0.139' does
> not implement 'REGISTER'" problem.
>

> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM, hadi motamedi <motamedi24 at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> to an external sip server for voip routing . Please be informed that my
>>> Asterisk sip is at @192.168.0.2 and the external sip is at @
>>> 192.168.0.139 . To this end , I modified my sip.conf & extensions.conf
>>> as the followings :

>>> What is the other server?

>>> server . It is a sip server inside a softswitch from a third party vendor .
>>> As the external sip server man is asking me to disable for the
>>> authentication at the first stage , can you please let me know how can I
>>> disable for the authentication at this stage (when the calls get through I
>>> will enable it again) ?
>>> >

>>> [general]
>>> ;register => toronto:welcome at osaka
>>>
>>> [osaka]
>>> type=friend
>>> ;username=toronto
>>> ;authname=toronto
>>> ;secret=welcome
>>> context=osaka_incoming
>>> host=192.168.0.139
>>> disallow=all
>>> allow=alaw
>>>

>>>  ---fred
>>> http://qxork.com

>> Thank you for your reply . Please be informed that I want to simulate this
>> case in the Laboratory , i.e. connecting my Asterisk sip to external sip
>> server with the guidelines you sent me . Can you please propose for an Voip
>> application sw that I can install on my MS Windows client and plays the
>> external sip server side role ? It seems that Skype is not suitable for this
>> case as it cannot be configured to play the role of external sip server .
>> Thank you in advance

> --
> David Cunningham
> Voisonics
> IVR development, VOIP consultancy
> http://voisonics.com/
> US toll-free: +1 888 842 2720
> UK: +44 (0) 20 3411 5024
> Australia: +61 (0) 2 9037 2180

With many thanks , please let me to ask you if I rely upon on my Asterisk
1.4 installation on my CentOS 5.0 and want to have this "external sip
client" on my CentOS server as well so what will be the solution ? The one
you told me was for the Laboratory test when the Asterisk on CentOS calls
sip client on MS Windows but what will be the solution if the Asterisk on
CentOS calls sip client on the same CentOS ? Is there a Voip application on
the CentOS that can resemble this "external sip client" ?
Thank you