[asterisk-users] Rsrvd state and off hook dahdi issue

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Dec 21 15:06:11 CST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 04:19:46PM +0000, Alexandre Rodrigues wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am still studing the problem and I'm now focusing on the Disconnect
> supervision asterisk issue.
>
> I which to obtain some feedback of the ideas I had to resolve this problem.
> I will set busydetect to yes and chage FXS from Kewl Start to Loop Start.
>
> Appreciate your Feedback. :)

Asterisk can provide disconnect supervision by "Kewl-start" (power
denial at the end of a call). Generally your side is the FXS. It does
not decide if the line is open. The remote side does.

Changing from loopstart to kewlstart means you don't give that hint to
the remote party.

Busydetect is something to be done on the FXO side. But if they support
detecting a power denial, it would be better (faster and more reliable).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com