[asterisk-users] sip show peers returns several notices

Chris Hillman chillman at clearwater-research.com
Mon Dec 21 07:45:11 CST 2009

Perhaps you are running up against the limit of 1024 open files for a
process (I think that is the default number of allowed open files for a
process). You can execute 'ls -l /proc/{PID}/fd | wc -l' (replacing
{PID} with the process ID of asterisk) to get an estimate of how many
files it has open. I've modified my asterisk init script to modify that
value with ulimit. My system has 192 DAHDI channels and 227 SIP peers.
When a lot of channels are in use, the number of open files climbs.

-Chris