[asterisk-users] sip show peers returns several notices

Alejandro Recarey alexrecarey at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 05:20:24 CST 2009

Hello everybody,

When I execute the "sip show peers" command in the asterisk console I
always get the following notice, repeated 15 times after the sip show
peers output.

[Dec 21 03:38:31] NOTICE[12693]: utils.c:1074 ast_wait_for_output:
Timed out trying to write

This happens on a freshly installed 1.6.1.12 and a 1.6.1.6 box that I
am running. Both of them use Debian Linux (lenny) on Dell PowerEdge
1950. My list of SIP peers is quite large (3000+).

I have not noticed anything wrong with the asterisk installation apart
from this notice, but it is worrying as the error seems to crop up in
other bug reports as a precursor to crashes.