[asterisk-users] Inquiry:Connect my Asterisk to external sip?

Fred Posner fred at teamforrest.com
Sat Dec 19 06:07:10 CST 2009

On Dec 19, 2009, at 6:51 AM, hadi motamedi wrote:

> Dear All
> I have an application that calls for my Asterisk sip to be connected to an external sip server for voip routing . Please be informed that my Asterisk sip is at @192.168.0.2 and the external sip is at @192.168.0.139 . To this end , I modified my sip.conf & extensions.conf as the followings :
> Under sip.conf :
> ---------------------
> [general]
> register => toronto:welcome at 192.168.0.139/osaka
> [osaka]
> type=friend
> secret=welcome
> context=osaka_incoming
> host=dynamic
> disallow=all
> allow=alaw
> [6672019]
> type=friend
> host=dynamic
> context=phones

Try this:

[general]
register => toronto:welcome at osaka

[osaka]
type=friend
username=toronto
authname=toronto
secret=welcome
context=osaka_incoming
host=192.168.0.139
disallow=all
allow=alaw

Although your error shows the other server does not allow register. What is the other server?

---fred
http://qxork.com