[asterisk-users] DTMF doubler when using READ()

joern joern at tel2ip.net
Fri Dec 18 04:49:28 CST 2009

Hi there,

I have some problems when using READ() statement in the dialplan to
collect DTMF digits.

I'm using the following within my extensions.conf to receive 6 digits

  exten => 9070,n,Read(CONFNO,conf-getpin,6)

So far it works! The user getting the announcement and asterisk waits
for 6 digits.
User entered "102030", but asterisk gets "102033"!!!

Executing [9070 at incoming:10] Read("SIP/1.1.1.1-08a3dfd0",
"CONFNO|conf-getpin|6") in new stack
     Accepting a maximum of 6 digits.

     <SIP/1.1.1.1-08a3dfd0> Playing 'conf-getpin' (language 'en_GB')

     User entered '102033'

It's not a problem caused by the user. I can reproduce this behavior and
get a digit/DTMF doubler somewhere between the first and the last digit.
   More users on system means higher risk of a doubler.

If there is just one user on the system in a conference getting
MusicOnHold the CPU utilization is about 25%!

System is Debian lenny (stable)
Kernel: 2.6.26 #1 SMP
asterisk: 1.4.21.2
Intel Dual Xeneon @2,8