[asterisk-users] Can't get G.729 to work...

Ben Schorr bens at rolandschorr.com
Tue Dec 15 15:22:51 CST 2009

O.K., so for now (as a test) I just commented out the "allow=ULAW" line
in the SIP.conf (actually it's sip_general_additional.conf on this
FreePBX box) and that does seem to be forcing all traffic to G.729.

I think ultimately I'd like to let the local users use ULAW because it
seems to sound better and just force the 8 remote users to use G.729,
but for now I can live with this while I figure out how to do that.

Thanks for all of your help - and I welcome any additional pointers
you'd like to offer.

Ben M. Schorr
Chief Executive Officer
Roland Schorr & Tower