[asterisk-users] Can't get G.729 to work...

Ben Schorr bens at rolandschorr.com
Tue Dec 15 14:11:07 CST 2009

Sorry, I think I may have misspoke...

What I'm hoping for is that all of the connections between my phones (or
at least a particular group of them) and my Asterisk server will use
G.729.  Currently it seems like it usually is, but not always, and I
haven't figured out the pattern.

All of our calls fall into two categories:

Internal calls - one extension to another within our single Asterisk
server org.
External calls - To/From one of our extensions out thru the PRI line to
our carrier (Hawaiian Tel) to phone numbers out in the world.

For some reason it appears that inbound calls from out in the world are
going to our phones using ULAW, but outbound calls to the world are
using G.729.

That's progress but...how can I get my Asterisk server to use G.729 to
pass those incoming calls to my phones?

Best wishes and aloha,

Ben M. Schorr
Chief Executive Officer