[asterisk-users] Best way ro run 2 or more asterisk servers?

Landy Landy landysaccount at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 14 19:16:20 CST 2009

Hello List.

I have a question regarding connecting two asterisk servers. I'm trying to learn how asterisk comunicates from server to server. I already have a server running smoothly now, I'm installing another one to test it along side the actual one.

I would like to run different scenarios:

1. Have one of the boxes at a different location outside the LAN and have them communicate.

2. Have both boxes on the same physical location with different extensions, for ei. have box 1 serve exts 100 - 200 and box 2 serve exts 300 - 600 and iax2. Box 1 would be connected to a pstn line and box 2 connected to a voip provider.

Now, do I need to configure dundi or just have the register option on both boxes?

Thanks in advanced for your help.