[asterisk-users] question on how to connect 2 boxes

B.Masoud @ SH info at saudihome.com
Mon Dec 14 14:44:56 CST 2009

Hello,

I would like to connect 2 asterisk boxes together, so this is my scenario:

Asterisk Main: it is connected to many sip providers and its main purpose as
a call termination forwarder.

Asterisk B: it’s connected to E1, and its purpose to terminate calls. It
will receive SIP messages from Asterisk_Main, but there will be no voice
traffic going between them,  Asterisk_Main will send the provider IP address
where both Asterisk_B & provider will communicate, at the end of the call,
Asterisk_Main will log CDR traffic.

Now I can make IAX2, but the problem is, the traffic must go like this:

 Provider <->Asterisk_Main<-> Asterisk_B

This will cause a problem with wasted bandwidth and more latency on the
call.

I want it to be like this:

                                Asterisk_Main

Asterisk_B -ßà Provider