[asterisk-users] Getting multiple phones to ring ...

Bob Smither Smither at C-C-I.com
Mon Dec 14 11:49:44 CST 2009

This has to be easy, but I have spent a fair amount of time looking for
a solution to no avail.  I am trying to get multiple phones to ring when
a call comes into an Asterisk box from a particular phone number.  What
happens is that only one of the phones rings.

I have several GrandStream BT200 SIP phones connected via an internal
LAN to Asterisk 1.6.0.17 on CentOS.  Here is a snippet from sip.conf:

[bt112]
type=friend
host=129.168.0.112
context=bt200

[bt116]
type=friend
host=192.168.0.116
context=bt200

I am trying to use these phones in extensions.conf (incoming calls are
sent to this context in extensions.conf):

[lrcf]

exten => s,1(start),Set(CallerContext=${CONTEXT}) ; capture context
; document time of call to console
exten => s,n,NoOp(Time is: ${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S)})
; document caller id to console
exten => s,n,NoOp(CallerID is ${CALLERID(all)})
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=3)      ; Set Digit Timeout to 3 seconds
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)  ; Set Response Timeout
; create unique call id for this call
exten => s,n,Set(GLOBAL(cid)=${EPOCH})

exten => s,n,Wait(0.5)
exten => s,n,Playback(lrcf/connecting-your-call)
; try IP phones for 10 seconds
exten => s,n,Dial(SIP/bt112&SIP/bt116,10,d)

Here is the console output when a call comes in:

    -- <SIP/****-inbound-lrcf-****> Playing
'lrcf/connecting-your-call.slin' (language 'en')
    -- Executing [s at lrcf:9] Dial("SIP/****-inbound-lrcf-****",
"SIP/bt112&SIP/bt116,10,d") in new stack
  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
    -- Called bt112
  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
    -- Called bt116
    -- SIP/bt116-087d1308 is ringing

As indicated, the 'connecting-your-call' message is played and can be
heard by the incoming caller.  Although phone bt112 is called, it does
not ring. The phone bt116 is called and it does ring.

I have set the call-limit parameter to 10 within the [general] context
in sip.conf.

What am I missing?

Many thanks!
--
Bob Smither, PhD                                   Circuit Concepts, Inc.