[asterisk-users] multiple sip trunks

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Dec 14 03:39:49 CST 2009

11 dec 2009 kl. 23.21 skrev John Taylor:

> I have multiple trunks to the same ITSP. Incoming calls to any trunk
> go to the last "incoming" label defined in those trunks' contexts in
> sip.conf.
>
> My ITSP insists on insecure=very in the trunk context; is this the cause?

This is an effect of the Asterisk architecture. We've had many discussions on how to change it, but right now the peer matching on IP/Port can't separate various instances from each other, since they all have the same IP/port. Asterisk simply goes for the first match, which happens to be the last entry with the IP/port in the sip.conf file.

/Olle