[asterisk-users] Free Fax for Asterisk

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Fri Dec 11 10:49:28 CST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Leif Madsen
<leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org>wrote:

> Warren Selby wrote:
> > Can I install my free fax for asterisk license on more than one
> > machine?  I.e using my digiun account to download the free FFA module,
> > am I restricted to just the first machine I put it on, or can I put
> > the free FFA on multiple servers?
>
> I would believe you get a single license, and that license is good for a
> single
> instance on a single machine. Installing it to another machine would
> require you
> to transfer it, making the other machine no longer valid to use it on.
>
> Otherwise you'd see people installing 100s of VMs and installing a single
> FFA
> license on all of them :)
>
> Leif Madsen.

That's actually what I thought as well, until I read the description on the
Product page on the digium site for the Free FFA (
http://store.digium.com/productview.php?product_code=804-00007):

"Free Fax For Asterisk is provided, one *per installation* of Asterisk, to
customers without charge."

The reason I ask is I've got a few different clients that want to test Fax
for Asterisk.  I was planning on "buying" the Free FFA license using my
digium account, but I don't want to get locked out after installing it on my
first client's machine, and I was hoping to avoid creating multiple
digium.com user accounts if it was possible.  Oh well, if it's not possible,
it's not a big deal to create the multiple accounts, even if I'm the only
one that will ever use them...

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby