[asterisk-users] zttool don't show NT mode with OctoBRI

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Fri Dec 11 09:53:47 CST 2009

Hi,

Using Xorcom's bristuff-0.4.0-RC4-xr7.tar.gz (ie asterisk 1.4.25) with an
old Junghanns OctoBRI (ie not the 2.0 version), zttool shows every port in
TE mode, though half of them are in NT. Alarm column shows OK for every
port, such as :
 OK              octoBRI PCI ISDN Card 1 Span 1 [TE] Lay
Globally, this system doesn't work (can't dial out through zaptel)

Replacing this board with a Junghanns QuadBRI PCIe card, zttool shows
correct TE/NT modes but Alarm column shows OK for every port,such as :
OK              quadBRI PCI ISDN Card 1 Span 3 [NT] (ca
Globally, this system does work (can dial out through zaptel)

When I replaced the OctoBRI with the QuadBRI, I didn't change anything in
Zaptel/Asterisk config (I simply turned the PC off and on) except removing
unuseful lines in /etc/zaptel.conf and /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf.
Here are those 2 files:

# cat zapata.conf
[channels]
language=fr
context=remote
pridialplan=unknown
prilocaldialplan=unknown
internationalprefix = 00
nationalprefix = 0
usecallerid=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
;;;echocancel=yes
;;;echocancelwhenbridged=yes
;echotraining=yes
;echotraining=800
;relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
;callprogress=yes
;progzone=us

;signalling=bri_cpe_ptmp

group = 1
switchtype=euroisdn
signalling=bri_cpe
channel => 1-2
echocanceller=oslec,1-2

group = 1
switchtype=euroisdn
signalling=bri_cpe
channel => 4-5
echocanceller=oslec,4-5

group = 1
switchtype=euroisdn
signalling=bri_net
channel => 7-8
echocanceller=oslec,7-8

group = 1
switchtype=euroisdn
signalling=bri_net
channel => 10-11
echocanceller=oslec,10-11

# cat ../zaptel.conf
loadzone=fr
defaultzone=fr
# qozap span definitions
# most of the values should be bogus because we are not really zaptel
span=1,1,3,ccs,ami
span=2,2,3,ccs,ami
span=3,0,3,ccs,ami
span=4,0,3,ccs,ami

bchan=1,2
dchan=3
bchan=4,5
dchan=6
bchan=7,8
dchan=9
bchan=10,11
dchan=12

File /etc/default/zaptel simply includes MODULES="qozap".

Any hint ?
Regards