[asterisk-users] Sangoma card reports HDLC errors

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Thu Dec 10 09:15:27 CST 2009

Hello,

I've recently bought a new Sangoma A104d PCI-card.
WANPIPE release is 3.4.7.
Machine is a dual Xeon with Debian 5.0.3.
Asterisk is 1.6.11 with recent libpri and dahdi.

When I boot the machine (including hardware and wanpipe
and dahdi drivers) and start asterisk, everthing runs
fine for almost 5 minutes.

Then every few seconds HDLC errors occour.

I also tried booting - and starting asterisk later: The
HDLC errors start almost 5 minutes after booting (not
after starting asterisk).

I cannot find any other job, starting after almost 5 minutes
and consuming resources, top also show almost 100% idle time.

I also tried to produce high load during the first 4 minutes,
tar.gzing large directories. Anyway, no HDLC errors during
the first 4 minutes, just after almost 5 minutes.

For me, it seems, that there is anything within the sangoma
drivers or the dahdi software overrunnig after appprox 4 minutes
and 50 seconds, causing those HDLC errors.

Any idea, who to find the cause of the error or how to solve
it?

Roger.