[asterisk-users] Need help/suggestions for DialPlan

Myles Wakeham myles at techsol.org
Thu Dec 10 07:56:50 CST 2009

Steve wrote:
 >Patterns and wildcards are your friend.
 >Maybe something like:
 >[example]
 >         exten = _!,1,                   >verbose(1,[${CONTEXT}:${EXTEN}])
 >         exten = _!,2,                   answer()
 >         exten = 1,3,                    goto(sales,s,1)
 >         exten = 2,3,                    goto(support,s,1)
 >         exten = 3,3,                    goto(customer-service,s,1)
 >         exten = 8,3,                    goto(directory,s,1)
 >         exten = _x,3,                   hangup()
 >         exten = _6xx,3,                 goto(dial-by-extension,s,1)

First, thanks to everyone for the pointers.

This looks like it might fit my ACD requirements.  What I'm still
confused about here is that it seems to get the extension in line 1, but
answers in line 2?  Wouldn't it have to answer the call before it could
get an extension?

And what I'm also not sure about is how this would work based on the
number of digits entered.  Is it that by not specifying how many digits
to get, it just handles processing 3 digits entered if the first digit
is not 1,2,3 or 8?

Myles