[asterisk-users] Problem with Asterisk and SPA-3000

Andrew Hakman andrew.hakman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 14:45:42 CST 2009

The SPA-3000 is notorious for falsely detecting DTMF tones in regular
voice, and when it "thinks" it hears DTMF, it will produce a short
real DTMF tone that's only audible to the SIP side of the device, not
the PSTN side, or out of band SIP DTMF message (dependent on how you
have the device setup). I'm guessing you have your IVR setup so that a
single keypress triggers it, and the SPA-3000 thinks it hears that
key. I would suggest to not have any single key start your IVR, as the
SPA-3000 only ever seems to incorrectly detect and generate one DTMF
tone at a time (it never generates a sequence, just one random key's
worth of DTMF).

Hope this helps,
Andrew