[asterisk-users] Problem with Asterisk and SPA-3000

Ivan Stepaniuk ivan at albafotonica.com
Wed Dec 9 08:35:47 CST 2009

Hello everybody,

I have a very strange issue with a Linksys SPA-3000 (1 fxo + 1 fxs) used
as PSTN gateway to asterisk in a small office. Everything works just
fine, except that sometimes, and it seems that only for long incoming
calls, the IVR menu appears on the middle of the call(like a three way
call, call goes on with prompts playing over the parties). Dialing an
extension at the prompt at that time actually works but disconnects the
original extension (and transfers the PSTN leg to the new extension as
normally).

At the CLI there is nothing but a new incoming call from the SPA,
exactly as the original call.

It seems to happen with both asterisk 1.2 and 1.4, I am quite lost, Does
anyone know what could be causing this problem?

--
Iván Stepaniuk
Alba Fotónica S.L.