[asterisk-users] Echo issue

hin lee hin87 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 14:15:02 CST 2009

The echo between our extensions (using Polycom 550 handsets)  disappears once I removed the Digium echo module.   We are still experiencing some echo on land line calls, using dahdi to connect to our PRI circuit.

What kind of settings do you recommend for the "txgain and rxgain"?  Do I make the gain changes in chan_dahdi.conf?

Thank you!

This is my system.conf:
# Span 1: WCT1/0 "Wildcard TE121 Card 0" (MASTER)
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
# termtype: te
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
echocanceller=mg2,1-23

# Span 2: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard AEX410 Board 1"
fxoks=25
echocanceller=mg2,25
fxoks=26
echocanceller=mg2,26
fxoks=27
echocanceller=mg2,27
# channel 28, WCTDM/0/3, no module.

# Global data

loadzone    = us
defaultzone    = us

This is my chan_dahdi.conf
[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=from-pstn
signalling=fxs_ks
rxwink=300              ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
faxdetect=incoming
echotraining=800
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

;Uncomment these lines if you have problems with the disconection of your analog lines
;busydetect=yes
;busycount=3

immediate=no

#include dahdi-channels.conf