[asterisk-users] Configure DAHDI with TDM410 for analog Modem calls

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon Dec 7 19:08:28 CST 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 01:58 +0100, Tim Korte wrote:

> When I try to establish an analog modem connection with this setup, the modem is unable to connect to the remote party - when connecting the
> modem directly to the PSTN line, everyting is fine.

I hope you have better luck, but when I asked about this a couple of
years ago, the response is that you can't do it. The modem takes too
much bandwidth in data mode. I have found that a modem can work in fax
mode, but I've never been able to make a data connection work through a
TDM card. Fortunately, my need for data calls is seldom enough that I
can just patch the modem through to the wall plate when I need to use it
for a data call.

--Greg