[asterisk-users] Configure DAHDI with TDM410 for analog Modem calls

Tim Korte korte-ast-users at easycrypt.de
Mon Dec 7 18:58:12 CST 2009

Hello,

I am currently trying to configure an Asterisk (current 1.4) box with a TDM410P and 2 FXS as well as 2FXO modules.
An analog modem is directly connected to the TDM (port 4) which itself is directly connected to the PSTN (port 1).

 [V.34 Modem]-----[TDM on Ast. 1.4 TDM]---PSTN

When I try to establish an analog modem connection with this setup, the modem is unable to connect to the remote party - when connecting the
modem directly to the PSTN line, everyting is fine.

For my application, I need all modem (V32/V34) calls from the hardware modem to be routed through the Asterisk box - ans so I am wondering,
what the optimal configuration setup might be?

Apparently the one pass over the TDM card is enough to kill any modem connection :(
Does anyone have a simmilar setup or maybe some ideas on how to configure DAHDI and Asterisk to better work with analog data modems?

Tim