[asterisk-users] DAHDI outgoing

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Fri Dec 4 13:01:48 CST 2009

Hi,

I'm having alot of trouble understanding how to use dialplans for outgoing
calls on Dahdi.

Context : I have 3 TI spans, so 69 voice channels and three D channels
(24,48,72).  This is on a TE420B from Digium, if it matters.

Here are my (apparently simple) questions in no particular order:

1) Dial(DAHDI/5555555555|20) doesn't work.  But Dial(DAHDI/42/5555555555|20)
does work.  How is this "42" parameter used? I see plenty of examples
around, but no explanations. Is this the channel? If so, why doesn't DAHDI/3
work?

2) "dahdi show channels" in the CLI show my inbound used channels correctly,
but not my outbound.  My outbound never show up, even during a conversation.

Thanks for helping me figure this out.

Mike