[asterisk-users] Multiple Channel Variables with AMI Originate

Matthew Edmondson maxnode at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 18:22:19 CST 2009

Hi guys I seem to be having a problem, I don't know if it's a bug or whether
I'm just doing it incorrectly.

I want to set about 3 channel variables when I originate a call via AMI.

All the documentation I have found says to do it like this:

    Variable: variable1=value|variable2=value|variable3=value

However when I do this it runs them all together and I end up with:

    variable1 = "value|variable2=value|variable3=value"

Instead of:

    variable1 = "value"
    variable2 = "value"
    variable3 = "value"

So I think the delimiters are not working.

I tried just adding multiple "Variable:" lines one for each, but it only
sets the first one and ignores the rest.

Thanks! --Matt