[asterisk-users] Asterisk Queues Tutorial updated - Hot-Desking without Agent Channels

Matt King m at orderlysoftware.com
Wed Dec 2 10:43:56 CST 2009

Hello,

Just to let you know, our popular tutorial on setting up Asterisk for
call centres has been updated.  The tutorial covers everything from
initial Asterisk installation to full call centre configuration with
dynamic login and hot-desking support for agents.

The old version of the tutorial used Agent Channels (e.g. Agent/1001) to
distribute calls to agents through the Queue() application.  These have
been deprecated since Asterisk 1.4, and the AgentCallbackLogin function
is not supported as of Asterisk 1.6

The new version of our tutorial shows you how to achieve the same
functionality (and more) with Local Channels, which are the recommended
replacement for Agent Channels.

So, if you are setting up Asterisk for call centre use, or if you are
currently using Agent Channels and want to maintain your upgrade path,
please take a look at http://www.orderlyq.com/asteriskqueues.html and
find out how it's done.

Thanks for reading.

Matt King, CEO Orderly Software.