[asterisk-users] Patch for app_dial.c: exit when just one ext is busy.

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Dec 1 08:09:01 CST 2009

Leif Neland <leifn at neland.dk> writes:

> Because I might have more phones than mouths :-) If I'm busy with one
> conversation, I don't want to hear another phone ring. I might have a
> desktop and a portable phone.

This use case is indeed very difficult to implement in Asterisk dial
plans today. Especially if you add the phones to queues. The only way is
through Local(), but Local() in a queue has nasty side effects which I
have expounded on in other threads...

I hope you have luck in getting the patch fixed and accepted. With that
done there are only a few more things to fix before we can do away with
Local() in Queue().

/Benny