[asterisk-users] Patch for app_dial.c: exit when just one ext is busy.

Leif Neland leifn at neland.dk
Tue Dec 1 06:11:50 CST 2009

Rob Hillis wrote:
> Leif Neland wrote:
>
>> I made a patch to app_dial.c to make Dial(ext1&ext2&ext3,tumeout,B)
>> return busy when just one extension is busy.
>>

> Forgive me for the question, but /why/ do you want this behaviour?
> Isn't the whole point of dialling multiple extensions so that a call has
> a greater chance of being answered?

Because I might have more phones than mouths :-) If I'm busy with one
conversation, I don't want to hear another phone ring.
I might have a desktop and a portable phone.

There were a similar wish for queues a month ago or so:

Given an office/warehouse/home with several phones, but fewer persons.
Queue should only have so many active calls at the same time; eg two
persons in the office, 5 phones.
two calls come in, ringing every phone, two calls gets picked up. Third
incomming call stays in queue until one conversation is terminated.

Leif