[asterisk-users] Please some enlightment on ENUM !!

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Tue Dec 1 05:30:26 CST 2009

Leif Neland schrieb:
> Norbert Zawodsky skrev:

>> The number +43-1-3207978 is my telephone number. I "own" it as long as I
>> pay for it. And with extra digits behind it I can do whatever I like. I
>> can create any extension - physical or virtual. I can attach a phone to
>> extension 12, attach a virtual fax server for extension 12 to extension
>> 99912 or could fire up my toaster if I call extension 911.  I can invent
>> any numbering scheme for my company. That's a fact!  Again - At least
>> here in Austria !! (can't speak for other countries)
>
> Invent all you want, nobody can call those fantasy-numbers anyway.
> Perhaps, a fraction of a percent, who are using ENUM.

Leif, ever heard of direct inward dialing and PRI?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_inward_dialing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_rate_interface
You can actually own a block of numbers like 01234567xxxx.
You are free to map these xxxx DID numbers to extensions or do
what ever you like. And it is guaranteed that nothing in the
01234567... range will ever be assigned to a different PSTN
subscriber.

    Philipp Kempgen
--
AMOOMA GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied  ->  http://www.amooma.de
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer, Handelsregister: Neuwied B14998