[asterisk-users] Versions of Asterisk 1.6

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Mon Aug 31 12:13:41 CDT 2009

Cyprus VoIP wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I see that there's 1.6.0.x and 1.6.1.y versions of Asterisk.
>
> Is there a clear table that describes the features and/or differences
> between them?
>
> Are both stable enough?
>
> Is T.38 Fax supported on both? If yes, which spandsp is supported? I saw
> on voip-info.org that version 6 is not supported, but this information
> might be outdated.

For information about the difference between 1.6.x releases, see
http://www.asterisk.org/node/48602 (About the new Asterisk versioning method).

For specific changes between the versions, see the ChangeLog file. For changes
between the two versions, see the CHANGES file in the Asterisk source. Also read
the UPGRADE.txt file if moving between major versions (1.4 -> 1.6.0 -> 1.6.1).

Leif Madsen.
http://www.leifmadsen.com
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk