[asterisk-users] Asterisk MWI issue

ilker Aktuna ilkera at kobiline.com
Mon Aug 31 12:11:31 CDT 2009

Hi,

I am using Asterisk personally at home.
My SIP client (SPA 3000) supports MWI with SIP NOTIFY messages.
With a previous version of Asterisk I had no problems with MWI. But now I am using the following version which comes with Trixbox 2.8.0.1, and I have problems with MWI.

Asterisk 1.6.0.9-samy-r27

Problem description:
When a voicemail is left on the extension, a SIP NOTIFY message is sent to my SIP client and the MWI is received ok. This is good.
But when I delete all Voicemail through AMPortal, SIP NOTIFY message notifying that there is no voicemail left is not sent to the client.
Normally , I expect to receie a SIP NOTIFY message as soon as my inbox is empty.
However, this does not happen when I delete voicemail through GUI.
If I delete voicemail through phone, I receive the SIP NOTIFY message.

How can I fix this problem ?
Is this a misconfiguration or a bug ? If it is a bug, is there any fix for it ?

Thanks,
ilker