[asterisk-users] How to deal with PayPal frauds?

Kyle Kienapfel doctor.whom at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 23:09:30 CDT 2009

Disclaimer: I'm just a guy

Step one seems to be to delay account activation on your end. ;)
I do know that Les.net sits on payments from unverified paypal accounts for
14 days.

With all the fraud going around these days you might have to prove that the
buyer is the payer. I think you're limited in options:

Logic (Don't let someone call from africa when they just registered from an
IP in florida, maybe check the florida ip for an open proxy via an RBL list)
Delays (sit on first payments for a few days)
Try and Verify by phone or mail