[asterisk-users] cannot run agi scripts

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat Aug 29 10:36:28 CDT 2009

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009, Michael Connors wrote:

> My problem is that I can not run AGI scripts, I tried the default
> test-agi.agi and a more simple python based one. I am using the
> following to use AGI.
>
> exten => 124,1,wait(1)
> exten => 124,2,AGI(hello.agi)
> exten => > 124,3,Hangup
>
> My AGI scripts are stored in /usr/lib/asterisk/agi-bin, which is read,
> write and execute for all users, as are all the scripts in the
> directory.

The default is /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/. Also, using "777" is a very bad
idea.

> In my asterisk.conf I have the following line:
>
> astagidir => /usr/lib/asterisk/agi-bin

1) See if moving your AGI to the default directory helps.

2) See if setting "agi debug" in the CLI sheds more light.

3) See if the user executing the Asterisk process can execute the test AGI
from the command line. Something like

 	echo "" | sudo -u asterisk env --ignore /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/test-agi.agi

4) See if the user executing the Asterisk process can execute your AGI
from the command line. Something like:

 	echo "" | sudo -u asterisk env --ignore /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/hello.agi

Failing any of the above to help, reply with the output from each step as
well as the source to hello.agi.

--
Thanks in advance,