[asterisk-users] cannot run agi scripts

Michael Connors connorsml at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 07:29:24 CDT 2009

Hi,I am new to Asterisk, I installed it add got it working for incoming
calls using a sip provider.

I can for example run the following successfully:

exten => 124,1,Wait(1)
exten => 124,2,Playback(demo-thanks)
exten => 124,3,Hangup

My problem is that I can not run AGI scripts, I tried the default
test-agi.agi and a more simple python based one. I am using the following to
use AGI.

exten => 124,1,wait(1)
exten => 124,2,AGI(hello.agi)
exten => 124,3,Hangup

The result of this is that the call goes straight to the SIP providers voice
mail system, and it does not register in my /var/log/asterisk/messages log
file.

My AGI scripts are stored in /usr/lib/asterisk/agi-bin, which is read, write
and execute for all users, as are all the scripts in the directory.

In my asterisk.conf I have the following line:

astagidir => /usr/lib/asterisk/agi-bin

I am running Asterisk 1.4.17~dfsg-2ubuntu1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
--
Michael Connors