[asterisk-users] 408 error

David Shauger sollostech at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 14:21:34 CDT 2009

An associate is having the following issue with his Elastix server:

I am trying to get a remote extension to register via a site-site VPN
connection. The SIP phone/client comes back with a 408 error. After
much troubleshooting, I decided to install a fresh new copy of Elastix
with FreePBX all updated to current releases. I configured this to
have the same IP address as the "broken" PBX server (having shut down
the old one). I added a new extension in this system and the remote
phone registers fine. I did this to make sure I was not having other
issues related to the firewall/router/VPN. So I assume this removes
that from play.

I have looked though many of the /etc/asterisk config files to see
what the differences are of the working and not working servers. I
cannot find anything that stands out. I tried backing up the config
files from the old server and restoring them on the new server to see
if it might be a linux config issue. However the restored config from
the old server onto the new server failed also.

Any ideas...please.

David Shauger
Vice President

Sollos Technology Solutions

678-317-9444 - voice
404-886-7603 - cell
772-679-5830 - fax
dave at sollos.com
http://www.sollos.com/

This email has been certified by Thawte
Email certification helps prevent identity theft
Virus scanning provided by Clam Antivirus